The Fundamentals of our Faith
Without these doctrines, we would not have salvation.
1. The Inspiration and Preservation of the Bible - Psalm 12:6,7; 119:89; Matthew 5:18; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21
2. The Deity of Jesus - John 1:1,14; 10:30; 1 John 5:7
3. The Virgin Birth of Jesus - Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18,23,25; Luke 1:26,27
4. The Sinless Life of Jesus - 2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 7:26; 1 Peter 2:22-24; 1 John 3:5
5. The Sacrificial Death of Jesus on the Cross - Romans 5:8; 1 John 3:16; 4:9,10
6. The Blood Atonement - Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 9:14; 1 Peter 1:19; 1 John 1:7
7. The Bodily Resurrection of Jesus - Matthew 28:1-15; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8,12-20
8. Salvation is by Grace through Faith - John 3:15-18,36; Romans 3:24; Ephesians 2:5,8,9
The Baptist Distinctives
Biblical Authority - The Bible is our final authority for all doctrines and practices.
Autonomy of the Local Church - Each church is to be self-governing, self-supporting and self-propagating.
Priesthood of the Believer - Jesus is the High Priest and He has bestowed all the rights and responsibilities of Priesthood upon every believer.
Two Offices: Pastor and Deacon - They must meet the Bible's qualifications. All other offices ended when the person that held them died.
Individual Soul Liberty - No one's personal opinion or preferences is greater than anyone else's.
Saved Church Membership - A person cannot be a member until they are saved.
Two Ordinances: Baptism and the Lord's Supper - They don't bring salvation or grace. They are a public profession of your faith.
Separation of Church and State - The Baptist Church has never been the State religion for any country.